Monday, October 8, 2012

Things I really, really want to eat.

Living in Champaign is pretty sweet, to be honest. I love being at the University, and I love the town. It's small, but big enough. The only problem? When the hubby and I divvied up the small appliances, I had to make some sacrifices. So, just to give myself an outlet, here are some things I haven't eaten in 2 months because I lack the necessary equipment, the money to go out to eat, and the funds to purchase the needed appliances:

1. waffles (no waffle iron)
2. onion rings (no fryer)
3. hamburgers (no grill, even a Foreman, and I don't want to bake them in the oven)
4. microwave dinners (no microwave. And I am not baking them in the oven for 45 minutes)
5. limited leftovers (Why is it so hard to reheat meatloaf?)

So pity me, friends, as I haven't had a waffle in 2 months. And I love waffles. I'd almost buy a waffle iron over a microwave right now because someone on the radio was talking about waffles earlier, and it damn neared caused a car accident. Maybe I need to suck it up and go to IHOP. Maybe my hubby needs to make me breakfast in bed the next time I'm home. Maybe both? Yeah. Both sounds good.

Enjoy your small appliances, friends. You'll never realize how much you use them until can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment