Thursday, November 29, 2012

Why am I still awake at this hour? Because I'm poor 24/7.

I realize it's been quite a while since I last posted. Honestly, I haven't got a whole lot to say now. It's 3:23 AM here in Chambana, and I am still at work. Yep. An overnight shift until 4 AM. Oh, the fun of grad school.

Classes will be winding down in the next 2 weeks. I am about halfway done with my final 2 projects, and I have one final exam next week. This semester feels like it has flown by. I'm ready for Christmas and to spend a whole month with the hubby and the dog all under one roof.

Would you believe that at 3:25 AM, there are still people in the library studying? That's dedication. It's amazing. Sure, compared the size of the undergraduate population here (about 30,000), there is an abysmally small percentage still here. But the fact remains that there are people here, still checking out reserve movies, laptops, and headphones. Pulling an all-nighter. I don't think I ever did that once as an undergrad or as a grad the first time around. Crazy people. I freakin' love sleeping way too much. But I suppose when the offer to pay you $20 an hour to work an overnight supervision shift, money talks. And hear I am, listening to the sounds of shifting in the library at 3:30 AM.

There's not a lot of excitement in my life to share with anyone who actually visits this site. My bro got married. My BFF is getting married. My dog still occasionally craps in the house. What can I say? I lead an exciting life. Maybe once the semester ends, I can concentrate some time on deeper thoughts and write some blogs with substance. Maybe I'll just write blogs about how much I love unicorns and rainbows. Either way, it's probably going to be entertaining to me. Maybe not so much to the rest of you.

I'm going to go swig some caffeine before I can't even make the walk to my car in half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment